Monday 19 September 2016

Name(s)

My name, your name, and all others are used to identify everything, from a person, object, creature or place. Names Everyone has one typically given to them by the parents or guardians in regards to first names at birth, and possibly by others in the public in regards to nicknames. Each of these names either occurred from events based on actions of the person or individual events themselves, such as Raphael the painter from the renaissance could have his name given to the son of an artist. The specific origin of certain names is disputed widely throughout different communities who claim the origin they know and are more assured of in that community. Basically in Italy a child might be named Raphael after the painter, and a child born into a Roman Catholic family might name their son Raphael after the Archangel.
            My name Rafael, the one name only 1 in 10 people will spell or pronounce the first time they meet me, I’m unfortunately being honest on this matter eating at any fast food restaurant means by the time I receive my meal I will have a new name. Whether my name is Raphael, Rapheal, Reafal I’ve just learned to identify with any name that starts with an R. But when I’m with my family I go by Raf or Rafael after one of my thousands of relatives, I never really met the guy, or am I 100% certain that I was named after him *shrug*. I guess the other alternative is Rafael or Raphael, which is from Judaism or Catholicism. Raphael is an Archangel, the name directly translates into “Healer from God”, No pressure right? So basically I was told that when I was very young so in some ways I guess it made me slightly paranoid and very conscious of my actions around others.

            I felt for the majority of my life was spent trying to help others and overly concerning about others lives and their well being. In the past year and a half I just started to care about myself and others in proper proportions. My whole life was shaped by my name and the meaning behind it and it wasn’t until yesterday that I realized that it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment